Are you stuck for a gift for someone special on your list this Christmas?
How about a planner?
Now, don't worry if they aren't even a planner girl, planners don't always need to be used just for planning!
Do you know someone who is getting married? Pregnant? Just had a baby?
What about someone who is moving? Renovating? Or going on vacation?
Maybe there is a teen on your list that just started High School. Or one who is in their last year of school.
Here are 7 different gift ideas using a planner that you can create quickly:
- Wedding planner or memory keeper
- Pregnancy journal
- Baby's first year
- Home improvement planner
- Moving planner and memory keeper
- Vacation planner and memory keeper
- High School memory keeper
Follow these 4 simple steps to make a gift planner tonight:
1. Your first step is to decide who is going to recieve the planner, and then decide what the purpose of the planner will be. You can chose from the list above or come up with your own ideas. Now, here comes the fun bit of this lesson! Let's go shopping for a planner!
2. Decide on the types of pages that you will include in the planner. Do they need a calendar? Pages with spots for journalling? Pocket pages to add memorbilia and photos? Once you know what to add you can buy some or print some from the internet.
3. Time to doll up that planner and personalise it! Depending on the theme you've chosen, there are lots of things that you can add and decorate, including dividers, journaling and photos, lists of prompts, section topics, and ideas that, once the planner is in their hands, they can use to complete the planner.
4. This is my favourite step! Add lots of little fun goodies to make the planner extra special. Some ideas are: a package of sticky notes, a little bundle of stickers, washi, a pretty pen and planner clips. Use your imaginiation or add your favourite planner goodies.
That's it! Now, you've got a fantastic personalised gift for that hard-to-shop-for person on your list. If you want more help, more theme ideas for other people on your shopping list, pop on over HERE. I've a got a new class at Big Picture Classes, called the Gift of Organisation, with lots more ideas and themes for using planners as gifts as well videos, handouts and instructions to help you create your planner.